COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR AUSTRIA
Why Join Us?
Be a hero for our rare disease patients
At Ultragenyx, we fundamentally believe that taking real impactful action to care for the needs of patients and our people is always the right thing to do. To achieve this goal, our vision is to lead the future of rare disease medicine. For us, this means going where other biopharma companies won’t go – challenging the status quo and creating a new model that advances our field so more patients and caregivers can benefit from life-changing treatments. We do this by following the science, applying a novel rapid development approach, making innovative medicines at fair and reasonable prices, and creating a collaborative ecosystem to reach patients in ways that are most meaningful for them.
Our commitment and care for patients extends to our people, so culture is an essential cornerstone for Ultragenyx. We remain continuously focused on creating a supportive and inclusive environment of profound learning and growth – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where we would be proud for our family, friends and children to work.
If you want to have a meaningful impact, do the best work of your career, and grow a lot, both professionally and personally, come join our team. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees and prospective employees, which means at this time our interview processes may include virtual discussions, interviews, and onboarding. Please note that compliance with local regulations and safety protocols is a condition of employment at Ultragenyx. Elements of safety protocols may include, but are not limited to: work from home requirements, regular or symptom-based covid testing, providing valid evidence of vaccination, mask wearing, and physical distancing.
US based roles: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Ultragenyx. This requirement applies to almost all roles at Ultragenyx based in the U.S., with very limited exceptions. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Roles based outside the US: If the role requires travel to the US or another country that requires evidence of covid vaccination for entry, candidates and employees will be required follow the local regulations and corporate policy regarding vaccination evidence submission.
The Commercial Director will plan and execute the Austrian launch of a novel product approved for homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia and assume full P&L accountability for Revenues, OPEX and contribution for the entire portfolio business in Austria. You will engage with local authorities to ensure sustainable reimbursement of our brands in line with defined price corridors and build sustainable relationships with key stakeholders in Austria(KOLs, Patient Advocates, Policy Makers, Payers). Furthermore, You will contribute to the development of Ultragenyx’s future portfolio by supporting clinical development in Austria. Managing, shaping and leveraging a positive internal and external environment in order to build and protect the business and reputation of Ultragenyx and its brands.
Demonstrating the credibility of Ultragenyx and it’s brands with the relevant authorities and healthcare professionals, ensuring regulatory compliance of activities, managing professional programs as well as customer relations and public affairs events, while participating in the development of a reasonable and responsible regulatory and reimbursement environment and representing the company interests in industry / trade associations and proactive issue management.
- Establishment of Ultragenyx’s business in Austria by successfully launching an innovative new product
- Develop relationships with key national stakeholders (KOLs, patient advocates, buyers, policy makers)
- Planning and execution of a local supply chain strategy in cooperation with EU supply chain to ensure undisrupted supply to local customers
- Execution of relevant regulatory steps in relation to launch and representation of Ultragenyx in Austria
- Conduct price negotiations with hospital purchasing departments
- Plan and execute initiatives for identification of patients by medical education, disease awareness and diagnostic support
- Prepare and execute annual commercial plan
- Support unsolicited requests for Early Access from local health care providers
- Prepare and execute effective future product launches
- Conduct market analyses in Ultragenyx’s future indications
- Identify KOLs and patient organizations
- Generate insights about local treatment and diagnosis paradigms and facilitate exchange with international peers
- Propose participants for clinical trials and support Clinical Development
- Organization of participation at national and regional Medical & Educational Congresses and Exhibitions.
- Represent Ultragenyx to Austrian authorities
- Local planning of product demand and discretionary expenses
- Monitor changes in local health care system and analyse impact on Ultragenyx business
Education & Experience Requirements
- University degree in Medicine/Biology/Chemistry/Pharmacy or equivalent degree
- Intimate knowledge of the Austrian health care system and valid permission to work in Austria
- Extensive sales experience in secondary care with a proven success record in product launches in highly specialized therapeutic areas
- Experienced in budget management, preferably with P&L accountability
- Experience in key opinion leader engagement
- Experience in organization of educational events
- Capable and willing to engage with customers face to face as well as with digital communication technology
- Analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry code of conduct and relevant legislation
- Experienced in marketing and sales of Orphan Drugs
- First-hand experience with national reimbursement system
- Established contacts with opinion leaders in lipidology and metabolic medicine
Full Time employees across the globe enjoy a range of benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Generous vacation time and public holidays observed by the company
- Volunteer days
- Long term incentive and Employee stock purchase plans or equivalent offerings
- Employee wellbeing benefits
- Fitness reimbursement
- Tuition sponsoring
- Professional development plans
- Benefits vary by region and country
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law. If you have any difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Talent Acquisition by calling: (415) 483-8800 or by emailing us at [email protected] . For electronic email and mail inquiries, please include a description of your requested accommodation, your name and contact information.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: [email protected].
Bitte richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung an
Ultragenyx Germany GmbH
Tel. +49 30 – 590083651
E-Mail: [email protected]
Ultragenyx ist ein forschendes, börsennotiertes biopharmazeutisches Unternehmen mit Sitz in Novato, Kalifornien (USA), das neuartige Arzneimittel zur Behandlung seltener Erkrankungen entwickelt. Der Schwerpunkt liegt dabei auf schweren erblich bedingten Erkrankungen. Seit der Gründung im Jahre 2010 hat Ultragenyx ein breites Portfolio verschiedener Substanzen entwickelt mit dem Ziel, damit Krankheiten mit hohem medizinischen Bedarf zu behandeln, für die bisher keine Therapien verfügbar sind.
Derzeit untersucht Ultragenyx mehrere Substanzen in klinischen und präklinischen Studien.
Im Herbst 2016 wurde die Ultragenyx Germany GmbH als deutsche Niederlassung mit Sitz in Berlin gegründet.
Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auch auf der Webseite unserer amerikanischen Muttergesellschaft: